- July 18, 2016
H.E. Senior Minister, Prak Sokhonn lead a delegation to attend the following ASEAN Foreign Ministers’ meeting and related meetings
His Excellency Prak Sokhonn, Senior Minister, Minister of Foreign Affairs and International Cooperation of the Kingdom of Cambodia, will lead a delegation to attend the following ASEAN Foreign Ministers’ Meeting and related Meetings to be held from 23 to 26 July 2016 in Vientiane, Lao People’s Democratic Republic (PDR), at the invitation of His Excellency Saleumxay KOMMASITH, Minister of Foreign Affairs of the Lao PDR:
- 49th ASEAN Foreign Ministers’ Meeting (49th AMM);
- Meeting of the Southeast Asia Nuclear Weapons-Free Zone(SEANWFZ) Commission;
- ASEAN Foreign Ministers Interface with the Representatives of the ASEAN Intergovernmental Commission on Human Rights (AICHR);
- Post Ministerial Conferences (PMC);
- 17th ASEAN Plus Three Foreign Ministers’ Meeting (17th APT FMM);
- 6th East Asia Summit Foreign Ministers’ Meeting (6th EAS FMM); and
- 23rd ASEAN Regional Forum (23rd ARF).
The 49th AMM and related Meetings aim at strengthening the ASEAN Community building and the central role of ASEAN in the evolving regional architecture as well as deepening ASEAN cooperation with partners and friends with a view to further maintaining peace, security, stability, and prosperity in the region and beyond.
On the sidelines of the ASEAN Foreign Ministers’ Meeting, His Excellency Senior Minister Prak Sokhonn will attend the following related meetings:
- 9th Lower Mekong Initiative (LMI) Ministerial Meeting;
- 9th Mekong – Japan Cooperation Foreign Ministers’ Meeting;
- 7th Mekong – Ganga Cooperation Ministerial Meeting; and
- 6th Mekong – ROK Foreign Ministers’ Meeting.
While in Lao PDR, His Excellency Senior Minister Prak Sokhonn, together with other ASEAN Foreign Ministers, will pay courtesy call on His Excellency Dr. Thongloun SISOULITH, Prime Minister of the Lao PDR.
In addition, His Excellency Senior Minister Prak Sokhonn will also hold bilateral meetings with Foreign Ministers and heads of delegation of some countries.
18 July 2016